Sunday, May 29, 2011

Last Saturday in the MTC

We completed all of our training yesterday.  The last two days were spent in Salt Lake City at the Church Office Building where we were inundated with information about the Perpetual Education Fund.  So much to learn in only two days.  We are quite excited to be a part of such a great program though we are still a little unclear of our exact roles.  We have been assured that once there we will receive lots more training by Thembinkosi Mketsi the PEF country coordinator for South Africa.
Today we were able to go to the Provo Temple and spent most of the rest of the day packing.  Getting all our things balanced so our bags do not weigh over 50 lbs is a challenge, but I think that we are there!  It is getting very real that we are actually flying to South Africa in less than two days.  It is just surreal even now.  We have seen other couples that were in our group leave for Malaysia, Taiwan, Milan, Italy, England, France and lots of other places and now we are going.  There are only six of us left of the 52 we started with.  Heck's leave Monday for Zimbabwe.
Notice the new do on the Sister sitting next to me.  She got her hair cut here in the MTC.

7 comments:

  1. of course she got her hair cut. I love it though. You guys look great! I can't wait to here more. I love you, have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair but you know it will turn gray while you're gone. A girl from Lafayette cuts hair at the MTC. Breanne Stewart. Wonder if she cuts yours. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have been thinking about you all day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck. Fly safe. Love Gaye's hair!
    Julz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I LOVE this picture of the two of you in front of all the pretty flowers! Anxious to hear about your first day in Durban. We love you so much!
    Tamra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Avrey says: "I love you and I want to Skype you. You are awesome."
    Harlen says: "I love you and I miss you a lot. I hope you do good on your mission."

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys look so cute all missionaried up. I thought when I saw the pic here, look at Grant there w/ his pretty bride...who woulda thunk way back in high school when you first laid eyes on her that you'd be whisking her off to S. Africa to serve an LDS mission together. What a love story. Good luck! Love Nicolle

    ReplyDelete